Saturday, January 24, 2015

Putting Some 'Social' Back Into My Life

Where to begin...

I just got back from the Seether and Papa Roach concert at The Rave, and let me just say, in my humble opinion, one of the best ways to feel alive and validate your life is by going to rock shows. The crowd was intense, the performances were amazing; and my ears are still ringing. And it was all worth it.

This past week, I have been more social than I have in a long time. It all started with the Brewcity Brusiers season home opener last Saturday. I ran into a very good friend of mine (who also happens to work at the Rave) and he gave me a ticket for the Less Than Jake/Reel Big Fish concert that was on Tuesday. ...it is amazing having friends who do random acts of awesome like that.

I was suppose to be on call Tuesday, but thankfully Caleb was nice enough to take it for me so I could go to the concert. It had been a long time since I've been to a concert, and this was the first time that I had been to The Rave. It was amazing. The first time I saw Less Than Jake was back when they were playing at Project Revolution in 2004. I have a special place in my heart for ska and punk bands.

When I was really young, my amazing cousin Tara, would take me to local punk shows. Because of her willingness to let me tag along, she really opened my eyes to not only the fun of going to local shows and supporting the scene, but the wonderful world of music beyond pop radio. I am internally grateful and blessed with those memories we had.

In two weeks I will be going to the Marilyn Manson concert at The Rave. 3 shows in the matter of two weeks seems excessive but The Rave has an amazing line up this winter, and I just now am finding out how cheap the tickets are. Plus my birthday is next week so I decided to treat myself.

I have been trying to convince people to go to these shows with me, but realized that I am fully capable to go out and about in this great (and sometimes scary) city and do things by myself. Although, it does make it easier missing home, when I am with friends doing something fun.

I can honestly say, I do not know when I will be able to go home next, just because the next few weekends I will be busy working and going to shows. I feel like I am growing more and more into an actual adult,...I'm pretty scared, but I think I'm walking on solid ground. Granted it'll be more scary once I have my own place and will need to be in charge of paying for rent and utilities.

Oh, and the dating game seems to be looking up. I won't mention any names specifically to protect identities, but I have met a few nice guys, and a few dirt bags, but at last I am out there meeting people. It's all about taking risks people, it really is. Life is too damn short to be lonely and wondering, 'what if' all the time.

So as my last week of being 23 wraps up, I must say that it has been filled with awesome people doing some pretty awesome stuff. I am excited to see what awaits me during my 24th year of life, and pray that God will give me strength and courage to take it on and achieve all my goals and dreams that He has for me.


Thank you, by the way, to everyone who mentioned that they enjoy reading my blog. I apologize that I have not been posting very regularly, but I will mention right now that I have two blog ideas in the works and hope to outline them, and gather all my information so I can get them typed up and posted for your reading enjoyment.

,Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment